Thursday 21 August 2008

Under Pressure

I like deadlines. And not even in the Douglas Adams way of appreciating the whooshing noise as they go by. I work well to deadlines. This has been useful in previous jobs where deadlines were set completely in stone - well, if you are organising something for someone coming into town, it kind of does need to be organised before they arrive. I write well to deadlines. I even prefer to clean my house to deadline, which is why my parents get invited to dinner every month or so.

But...

I don't knit to deadline. I don't even knit well under pressure. My stitches get tighter, my knitting gets slower and I make more mistakes.

Which is why the end of the Ravelympics are approaching and I have yet to complete a single event.

It seems that, having taken up knitting for relaxation purposes, I can't quite convince either my brain or my body to do it at anything other than a gentle ramble.

Do you think I should start on my holiday knitting now...?

No comments: