Sunday, 10 October 2010
Now, the only part of nibs, needles and nappies that features regularly in my life are the knitting needles. Little Whirlwind has been out of nappies for months, and I've nearly given up on finding my writing groove again (it seems that, when I'm happy, the need for writing fades. I suppose not writing is a good sign in some ways...).
So, even though I'd love to get back writing again, and (all going to plan) there may be nappies in my future again at some stage... the blog name just feels wrong.
I wonder, do I change, or wait until it hopefully reflects my life again...
Sunday, 26 September 2010
Tuesday, 23 February 2010
And the stress is playing havoc with my knitting tension...
Tuesday, 9 February 2010
But I can't. Because I know anything I cast on now will either be abandoned for the duration of the Ravelympics and possibly completely forgotten (my short term memory is bad like that), or will take over so completely that the projects I've been studiously avoiding casting on for, saving them for the Ravelympics, will never get started.
So I've been swatching, endlessly swatching. The past two evenings it has been Wendy Happy. On DPNs (that's a whole other blog post). Tomorrow will probably be the decider for what pattern I do - I'm thinking Jaywalkers right now.
Then it will be the Manos for the Lava Flow Cowl. And possibly a little bit of pre-swatching for the Fiddlehead mittens (if my paypal ever gets sorted out).
I'm not sure I've ever done so much swatching. I can barely see the couch for all the yarn and needles that have been dug out this week for various swatching attempts.
Roll on Friday when I can finally get my teeth into a real project!
Thursday, 4 February 2010
Monday, 1 February 2010
February, now, February is a totally different matter. The depression of January is over, the lull that inevitably follows Christmas. And all the tediously earnest resolutions that enter my head in January have begun to quietly pick up their coats and go. So I'm left with the good ones - the ones I really want to do, the ones that I have more chance of sticking with.
And so, more for my own accountability, here they are, my February Resolutions:
- Blogging. I want to do more. I have ideas, I have things to write. I just need to get over the feeling that I'm talking to a vacuum... or embrace it. Will I say one post a fortnight, just to get started?
- Ravelymics. Fiddlehead mittens. I shall say little more, except that I will be very very pleased with myself if I complete them in the allotted time.
- A garment, for me. Possibly finish Rogue, or move on to something else.
- Other stuff
- Exercise. One class a week and possibly one visit to the pool. And walking Little Whirlwind to creche.
- Writing. Start again. The ideas have started poking at my brain and my fingers are getting itchy to start again. So I shall. I think.
- French. The less said about my current ability the better. When your two and a half year old corrects your pronunciation, you know something is up...
So that's it. Not New Year's Resolutions, but some nice February goals...