Thursday 4 February 2010

I need a swift...

... or a lot more patience.


Little Whirlwind was being put to bed, so I had a child-free and husband-free half hour. And decided it was time to get ready to knit the lovely Lava Flow (it's meant to be a Ravelympics project, but I'm not sure I'll hold out that long). I'd decided on a lovely skein of Manos silk blend which has been languishing in my stash for about two years now.


All of which meant I had the time and need to finally use my ball winder.


It was working so well for a while. And then, suddenly, it all just started to go wrong.


And I was left with this:












and this:








2 hours later, having cut the yarn twice (thank goodness for spit splicing), I finally got to this:



I would have been quicker winding it into a ball by hand. Oh well.


3 comments:

UnderMeOxter said...

I couldn't help grimacing as I read that. Ouch! and Yowza!

Well done on persevering. My response has been to put it all in a zip-lock bag and hope it unravels itself, someday!

Enjoy Lava Flow

wycherlywoman said...

Yikes! That looked like me before Christmas when I couldn't bribe the bf to be my human swift for half an hour.

His reluctance to give up his time to stare into space while I play with wool might have something to do with why I got a swift for Christmas ;-)

You're welcome to borrow it anytime.

Viola said...

I might take you up on that offer one day! (Although, if you can persuade them stand still long enough, toddlers can quite enjoy being a human swift...!)