Tuesday 9 February 2010

A pause to prepare

This week has been strange. I'm waiting for the Ravelympics to start, and my knitting fingers are going nuts... I've found so many lovely patterns that I want to cast on.

But I can't. Because I know anything I cast on now will either be abandoned for the duration of the Ravelympics and possibly completely forgotten (my short term memory is bad like that), or will take over so completely that the projects I've been studiously avoiding casting on for, saving them for the Ravelympics, will never get started.

So I've been swatching, endlessly swatching. The past two evenings it has been Wendy Happy. On DPNs (that's a whole other blog post). Tomorrow will probably be the decider for what pattern I do - I'm thinking Jaywalkers right now.

Then it will be the Manos for the Lava Flow Cowl. And possibly a little bit of pre-swatching for the Fiddlehead mittens (if my paypal ever gets sorted out).

I'm not sure I've ever done so much swatching. I can barely see the couch for all the yarn and needles that have been dug out this week for various swatching attempts.

Roll on Friday when I can finally get my teeth into a real project!

1 comment:

UnderMeOxter said...

I completely empathise. This is why I had to post-rationalise casting-on for Ishbel ahead of the Ravelympics. It's going very well but I'm comuting by bus tomorrow and I'm worried if I finish it what will I do!?!? 'Splode! probly